Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace that’s part of Office 365. The tool offers both team and private chats, lets you schedule meetings, and work on documents right inside the app.
MindMeister is available as a tab inside Microsoft Teams, which you can add to any of your channels in order to mind map with your team members without leaving Teams.
Please note: Currently only Microsoft Business and Education accounts can use our Office 365 login and therefore the integration with Microsoft Teams. So called Microsoft Accounts (previously called Microsoft Live Accounts) can't access the Office 365 login, thus Office 365 Home subscriptions can't use it either.
How to Add MindMeister to Microsoft Teams
1) Go to Microsoft Teams and open a channel of your choice. In the top bar, click on the + button to add a new tab.
2) In the dialog that opens, select MindMeister from the list of apps.
3) You will then be asked to sign in to MindMeister with your Office 365 account.
If you’ve never used MindMeister before, a new (Basic) MindMeister account will be created with your Office 365 email address. You can of course also use this account to sign in directly at www.mindmeister.com, for instance to export your maps, or to upgrade your account.
If you already have a MindMeister account that’s not associated with your Office 365 email address, you should visit the Connected Apps in your Account menu first - there, you can connect MindMeister with your Office 365 account. Be sure to do this before adding MindMeister in Microsoft Teams. Otherwise, a new MindMeister account will be created for you with your Office 365 email address.
If that happens, and you want to consolidate your accounts after the fact, please send an email to email@example.com and our team will assist you.
4) Give this new tab a name (1) and choose whether to create a new map from scratch or select one of the existing maps from your account (2). When you're done, click save (3).
5) Now you’re ready to mind map! Give your mind map a name by typing it in the root topic, and then use the TAB and ENTER keys to quickly create new topics and subtopics around the center.
Click on the X in MindMeister's sidebar (1) if you need more space for your brainstorming session. To toggle the team chat, click on the chat icon on the right (2).