Yes! MindMeister complies with globally recognized security standards to keep your mind maps protected and your data safe.
MindMeister is GDPR (and CCPA) compliant and ISO 27001 certified- our servers are also located in an ISO 27001-certified data center in Frankfurt, Germany.
What is ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 is the most commonly-used international standard on information security management. As part of the certification process, third-party auditors check compliance with a large number of security-relevant criteria: how data is managed, documentation for security topics, processes to mitigate security risks and much more.
In an increasingly security-aware online environment, our ISO 27001 certification shows that Meister is committed to keeping users safe.
- ISO 27001 provides peace of mind that sensitive data stored in Meister tools will be kept safe.
- The certification is renewed every year to ensure that Meister continues to comply with the strictest standards.
- Unlike regional compliance certifications, such as GDPR, ISO 27001 is globally applicable.
How does Meister ensure data security?
Meister backs up your data on daily, weekly and bi-weekly rotations at multiple offsite locations in Germany and uses the Google Cloud Platform. Your team's data transfers are always processed with state-of-the-art TLS encryption. All systems are protected by multiple firewalls and network access controls. Meister has also implemented sophisticated DDoS protection to secure all services from malicious attack.
- State-of-the-art TLS encryption on all data transfers
- 24/7/365 monitoring of entire server farm
- Fail-safe power supply
- Redundant Internet connectivity
For more information about privacy & security, please see the MindMeister security page.