Since day one, our goal has been to make MindMeister so simple and intuitive that our users don't need to read any online help. Nevertheless, here's a short overview of the main features of the map editor.
Map Toolbar | Map Sidebar | Map Footer
The toolbar on top of the map editor contains the main functions for building a new mind map.
1. Return to the dashboard
2. Map Switcher: Enables quick navigation to other mind maps and at the same time it offers you the possibility to search for maps or create new ones.
3. Properties menu: Allows you to access the map proprieties, the alignment of the map and to change the theme.
4. Add idea button.
5. Add a relationship between ideas.
6. The delete button.
9. Circle avatar: Allows you to access your account, settings, help or to log out.
The grey text denotes keyboard shortcuts that can be used instead of the toolbar buttons (Windows / MAC).
The sidebar contains formatting options and tons of additional features for building a great mind map.
The footer provides information on your collaborators and gives you the ability to access additional map options and navigate through your mind map.
1. History view. Allows you to review every change made to the mind map and revert to older versions of your map. Read more here.
2. Presentation mode. Turn your mind maps into stunning presentations in seconds. More information.
3. Wunderkind (experimental feature): This button won't show up unless you enable experimental features in the settings of your account. WunderKind, when clicked magically searches the Internet for relevant subtopics of an idea and inserts them into your map with a link to the source.
4. Synchronise MindMeister tasks with the task management software: MeisterTask.
5. Share your map. Read more...
6. Export options.
7. Print your map.