Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is an XML-based framework for authentication and authorization between two entities: a Service Provider and an Identity Provider.
SAML is an open standard mostly used for Single Sign-On (SSO). Authentication information is exchanged through digitally signed XML documents. It's a complex single sign-on (SSO) implementation that enables seamless authentication, mostly between businesses and enterprises.
With SAML, you don't have to worry about typing in authentication credentials or remembering and resetting passwords.
SAML Single Sign-On integration for your team, contact our sales team for more information.
SAML Single Sign-On integration can only be enabled by Business or Enterprise Team Admins.
Setup customized domain for SAML Single Sign-on
As a team admin, in order to enable the SAML Single Sign-on integration, you first need to set a customized login domain:
1. From MeisterTasks Dashboard click the Avatar Icon in the top right and click My Account.
2. Click My Team from the left side menu and select the Branding tab.
3. Type the customized domain name in the box beneath Login Domain and click Save Changes.
Configure Single Sign-On Integration
1. In your Account page, click My Team from the left side menu and select the Settings tab.
2. Scroll down to the SAML Single Sign-On section.
3. Click the checkbox beside Enable SSO with third party identity provider.
4. Click the Choose File button and upload your identity provider's metadata XML file.
5. Click Save Changes.
6. Once you save the changes, your account will support SAML Single Sign-on authentication through your identity provider. You can find the login links in the SAML Single Sign-On section.
Note: You can download our Service Provider Metadata XML file from the SAML Single Sign-on section once you have set the integration.