With this feature, you can expand or collapse topics within your mind maps. This allows you to:
- Why collapse or expand topics?
- Levels of detail.
- Collapse or expand topics with your mouse(pad).
- Collapse or expand topics via key shortcuts.
How to Collapse or Expand Topics
Why Collapse or Expand Topics?
- Expand topics to see more detail at each level of your mind map.
- Collapse topics to hide details and see a more simplified overview.
You can collapse and expand topics with your mouse or keyboard.
Levels of detail
You can choose between 3 levels of detail for your mind map:
One Level: Only the topics connected directly to the selected topic are shown.
Two Levels: The topics connected directly to the selected topic and every topic connected to these are shown.
All: All topics connected to the selected topic are shown.
Collapse or Expand Topics with your Mouse(pad)
- Right-click on the topic you wish to expand or collapse.
- Choose “Show Detail”
- Select the level of detail you wish to see.
Collapse or Expand Topics via Key Shortcuts
Please note: The keyboard shortcuts only work for the entire mind map, not for each topic.
- Enter Alt+1 (Option+1 on Mac) for one level, Alt+2 (Option+2) for two levels, or Alt+9 (Option+9) for all levels
If you’re still having trouble…
- Contact MindMeister Support for help.