This article will help you to use the search and filter tools in MindMeister. It includes the following information:
- Search for mind maps from your dashboard.
- Filter mind maps in your dashboard.
- Use the search function in the map editor.
This article relates to a new, beta version of MindMeister. If you're not using it yet, you'll need this article for support on this topic.
How to Use the Search and Filter Tools
Search for Mind Maps from Your Dashboard
- Click the magnifying glass icon in the top-right corner of your dashboard.
- Enter a term to search for the map you are looking for.
MindMeister searches for mind maps with titles that match your search. To search for a keyword within the content of your mind maps as well, toggle between Title to Title & Contents. Read more about that here.
Filter Mind Maps in Your Dashboard
You can filter the mind maps in the My Maps section of your dashboard using the navigation bar on the left-hand side.
- Click Recents to show newly-created and recently-edited mind maps.
- Click Favorites to show mind maps that you've marked as favorites. You can mark a map as a favorite by dragging and dropping it from My Maps into the Favorites tab.
- Click Public to show maps that you've made public.
- Click Trash to show maps that you've moved to trash.
Use the Search Function in the Map Editor
From the map editor, use the key shortcut ⌘+F (CTRL+F) to search your mind map.
There is also a search box in the top-right of the screen.
- Search all map content (including comments and notes).
- Search the content of map topics.
- Search for content in comments.
- Search for content in notes.
If you’re still having trouble…
- Contact MindMeister Support for help.