This feature is available to Personal, Pro and Business users
Attach files and links to topics in your mind map to store data and quickly share relevant documents with your collaborators.
Attach a File to a Topic
In MindMeister, there are three different ways to attach a file to a topic. You can:
- Drag and drop files directly onto a topic.
- Copy a file or image and paste it onto the topic.
- Use the file picker to select a new attachment from your local drive or paste a link to any URL.
To use the file picker:
Right-click the topic you'd like to add an attachment to.
If you don't have a right mouse button, select the topic and click the ellipsis (...) which appears.
- Click the Actions icon.
- Click Attachment.
- Click Upload to browse files in your local drive or Paste a link to any URL.
Vertical Styling Toolbar
You can also use the action icon on the vertical styling toolbar located on the right side of your map editor to attach a file.
Select a topic and press ALT+SHIFT+ A to add an attachment.
View and Download Attachments
Once you've uploaded an attached a file to a topic, a small paperclip icon will appear in that topic's bubble.
- Click the paperclip icon to see a list of files attached to a topic.
- Click any file to open it.
To download an attachment, hover your mouse over the file and click the ellipsis (...) which appears. Then select Download from the drop-down menu.
Remove an Attachment
To permanently remove an attachment from your mind map:
- Click the paperclip icon next to a topic with attached files.
- Hover your mouse over the attachment you'd like to download and click the ellipsis (...) which appears.
- Select Remove from the drop-down menu.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!