This feature is available to Personal, Pro and Business users.
Personal users can add a maximum of two attachments to each mind map.
Pro and Business users can add an unlimited amount of file and image attachments to each mind map.
Attach files and links to topics in your mind map to store data and quickly share relevant documents with your collaborators. (Links you add to your mind map topics do not count towards your attachment limit.)
Attach a File to a Topic
In MindMeister, there are three different ways to attach a file to a topic. You can:
- Drag and drop files directly onto a topic.
- Copy a file or image and paste it onto the topic.
- Use the file picker to select a new attachment from your local drive or paste a link to any URL.
To use the file picker:
Right-click the topic you'd like to add an attachment to.
If you don't have a right mouse button, select the topic and click the ellipsis (...) which appears.
- Click the Actions icon.
- Click Attachment.
- Click Upload to browse files in your local drive or Paste a link to any URL. Each attachment can be up to 200 MB.
Vertical Styling Toolbar
You can also use the action icon on the vertical styling toolbar located on the right side of your map editor to attach a file.
Select a topic and press ALT+SHIFT+ A to add an attachment.
View and Download Attachments
Once you've uploaded an attached a file to a topic, a small paperclip icon will appear in that topic's bubble.
- Click the paperclip icon to see a list of files attached to a topic.
- Click any file to open it.
To download an attachment, hover your mouse over the file and click the ellipsis (...) which appears. Then select Download from the drop-down menu.
If you are currently on a Personal plan and have attached more than two files before April 2024, all of these attachments will still be accessible. You can duplicate and edit your mind maps as needed. However, please note that Personal users will not be able to add any additional attachments.
Remove an Attachment
To permanently remove an attachment from your mind map:
- Click the paperclip icon next to a topic with attached files.
- Hover your mouse over the attachment you'd like to download and click the ellipsis (...) which appears.
- Select Remove from the drop-down menu.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!