This article will help you to import mind maps to MindMeister from other file formats. It includes the following information:
- Import options and available formats.
- Import a mind map with drag and drop.
- Browse files to import a mind map.
This article relates to a new, beta version of MindMeister. If you're not using it yet, you'll need this article for support on this topic.
How to Import a Mind Map
Import Options and Available Formats.
You can import the following file types into MindMeister:
- MindMeister (.mind)
- Plain Text (see also: RTF Import)
XMind exports its maps as zip files. Make sure you unzip before importing into MindMeister.
Imported files are automatically turned into MindMeister mind maps and will appear in your map list a few moments after import.
Import a Mind Map with Drag and Drop.
- Open your MindMeister dashboard.
- Drag and drop files onto your dashboard. You can drop multiple files at a time.
- Open your MindMeister dashboard and click Import.
- Click Browse Files and select one or multiple files from local storage.
- Click Open to confirm your selection.
If you’re still having trouble…
- Contact MindMeister Support for help.