This feature is available to all users
Switch to Outline Mode in the bottom-left corner of the map editor to view and edit your MindMap as a bulleted text outline.
Switch to Outline Mode
You can switch to Outline Mode via the pop-up menu in the bottom-left corner of the map editor:
- Open a mind map.
- Click Mind Map in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- Select Outline from the pop-up menu.
The hierarchy of your mind map will be reflected in the structure of your outline list. Your map’s central topic will become the main heading, first-level topics will become subheadings, etc.
Edit Your Map in Outline Mode
Once in Outline Mode, you can edit topics and rearrange your mind map from a new perspective.
- To create a new topic, press ENTER.
- To change a topic's hierarchy level, use TAB and Shift + TAB.
- To move a topic, highlight the topic and press CTRL + UP or CTRL + DOWN.
- Click the expand arrow next to a topic to toggle between showing/hiding its sub-topics.
Tutorial Video: Turn an Existing List into a Mind Map
If you've already created a list in a word processor, you can copy and paste the list into outline mode (CMD/CTRL + V) to turn it into a visual mind map. To find out more, watch this short video tutorial:
Be sure that your list is properly formatted in your word processor. Use separate lines (Return) to create new topics and use indentations (Tab) to show sub-topics and hierarchies.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!