This feature is available to all users
You can detach any topic to create a floating topic separated from the rest of your mind map. Use floating topics to create keys, indexes or even entirely new maps within a single canvas.
In this Article:
Create a Floating Topic
Floating topics are disconnected from your map's central topic. Use floating topics to create completely new, unconnected maps within a single canvas. To create a free floating topic:
- Right-click on any empty space on the map canvas.
- Select Add floating topic from the drop-down menu.
- Add a title to your new topic and press ENTER. Press Tab to add new subtopics.
Detach an Existing Topic
To detach a topic on your mind map:
- Right-click the topic you'd like to detach move (Or select it and click the ellipsis ...).
- Click the Layout icon.
- Click Detach topic.
Your topic is now detached from the rest of your map. If you'd like to manually drag and drop this topic, be sure to switch off auto align in the layout menu!
Explore other advanced features in MindMeister:
- Enable Focus Mode
- Collapse and Expand Topics
- Add Notes to Topics
- Access Previous Versions of Your Mind Map
- Print Your Mind Map