This feature is available to all users
Use MindMeister's MeisterTask integration to turn ideas into actionable tasks and manage them without ever leaving the MindMeister interface.
What is MeisterTask?
MeisterTask is a secure online task management tool that integrates with MindMeister via the Meister Suite. Use MeisterTask in tandem with MindMeister to turn your brainstorming sessions into actionable tasks and to-dos.
In order to link and create tasks in your notes, you'll need to be logged in to both MindMeister and MeisterTask (with the same account). Users of MeisterTask Basic can create and manage up to three projects completely free of charge.
Visit the MeisterTask homepage to find out more and start managing your team's projects and tasks!
Create a Task out of a Mind Map Topic
To immediately create a task out of a topic, use the shortcut ALT+SHIFT+T
Once you've logged into both MindMeister and MeisterTask (with the same email address), you can easily turn any mind map topic into an actionable task:
Right-click the topic you'd like to turn into a task.
If you don't have a right mouse button, select the topic and click the ellipsis (...) which appears.
- Click the Actions icon.
- Click Task.
- In the next windows, choose a project and section for your new task.
- Give your task a name and description, then select a due date and assignee for your new task.
- Click Create Task.
- Your new task is now created in MeisterTask. Changes made in MeisterTask will also be immediately synced to your mind map.
Manage Tasks in MindMeister
Once you've created a task out of a mind map topic, a small check mark will be displayed next to the topic. To open and edit any task, click this check mark:
From this window, you can perform a variety of task actions without ever leaving MindMeister:
- Complete the task
- Assign the task to a colleague
- Add a description
- Add or edit the task due date
- Move the task
- Archive the task (click the ellipsis)
- Delete the task (click the ellipsis)
Unlink a Task
To unlink a task from a MindMeister topic:
- Click the check mark on the right of the topic to open the taskwindow.
- Click the ellipsis in the top-right corner of the task window.
- Click Unlink Task.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!