This article will help you to navigate the dashboard in MindMeister. This allows you to:
- Organize and manage your mind maps.
- Create, import, sort and share your mind maps.
- Duplicate, delete and move your mind maps.
- Switch the background color of the dashboard.
- Access mind map templates.
All users can access the dashboard.
This article relates to a new, beta version of MindMeister. If you're not using it yet, you'll need this article for support on this topic.
How to Navigate the Dashboard
The dashboard is your “home screen” in MindMeister and where all your mind maps are stored. The left-hand toolbar includes options to filter your map library and access map templates.
This walkthrough video explains everything you need to know about the dashboard:
Switch from Map Thumbnails to List View
Your maps are displayed as thumbnails by default. To change how your maps are displayed:
- Click on the 3 lines to view your library in list view.
- Click on the 4 squares to return to thumbnail view.
Change Background Color
You can customize your dashboard background. To do this:
- Click on the ellipses in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Choose a new background color.
In list view, you can sort your maps:
- Alphabetically (Click 'Name' in the header.)
- By the date they were last modified (Click 'Modified' in the header.)
The order will be retained if you switch back to the thumbnail grid.
If you’re still having trouble…
- Contact MindMeister Support for help.