This article will help you switch between the “regular” and “new” editors in MindMeister. It includes the following information:
- About the “regular” and “new” editors.
- How to switch between editor versions.
- Mind maps “marked” as new-editor maps.
- How to revert “marked” maps to the regular editor.
About the “Regular” and “New” Editors
The “new” MindMeister editor is a wide-ranging update to the tool’s appearance and functionality. Eventually, all maps will be seen in the new editor and the current “regular” MindMeister view will disappear. In the meantime (while the new editor is still in the beta phase), you have the opportunity to switch between editors.
How to Switch Between Editor Versions
From the Dashboard
If you have a map created with the regular editor, proceed as follows to open it with the new editor:
- Go to My Maps and locate the map you wish to open.
- Right-click on the map, then select Open with New Editor.
You can also set user preferences so that all maps are opened automatically using the new editor. To do this:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right of the screen, then Preferences.
- Check the box next to Always use the new map editor
From the Editor
In the regular editor, click Open with New Editor in the bottom-right of the screen.
From the new editor, click the (i) in the top-left of the screen, then Open with Regular Editor from the menu that appears.
Mind Maps “Marked” as New-Editor Maps
Once you create or edit a mind map in the new editor, that map is “marked” as a new-editor map. This means that the map will always open in the new editor automatically, even if it was originally created in the regular editor.
Want to use the regular editor?
To revert a “marked” mind map so that it opens automatically in the regular editor, you’ll need to contact MindMeister Support for help.
If you’re still having trouble…
- Contact MindMeister Support for help.