This feature is available to all users
Add connections between topics to show relationships between different ideas, draw links and make your map more visual.
Tutorial Video: Using Connections
Take a look at the following tutorial video to learn how to add connections to your mind map. Then read on for more details!
Add a Connection Between Two Topics
- Right-click the topic you'd like to add a connection to (or left-click the topic and click the ellipsis ...).
- Click the Actions icon.
- Click Connection.
- Click one of the green plus signs around your topic to choose a connection point.
- Drag your connection line to the topic you'd like to connect to (no need to hold the mouse button down).
- Click one of the four connection points on the connecting topic.
- To move a connecting line, click and drag its middle point.
To create a connection using keyboard shortcuts, select a topic and press ALT+C
Edit a Connection's Style
After drawing a connection, you can change the connection’s color, style, shape and start/end icons. To do this, click your connection, then choose an option from the menu which appears:
- Style: Change the color, shape and appearance of your connection line.
- Line start: Select a new icon for the beginning of your connection.
- Switch Direction: Switch the start and end icons of your connection.
Line end: Select a new icon for the end of your connection.
Remove a Connection
To permanently delete a connection:
- Click your connection.
- In the menu which appears, click the ellipsis (...).
- Select Delete Connection from the drop-down menu.
Add a Label to a Connection
Add a label to a connection line to name the relationship between two connected topics.
- Click your connection to select it.
- In the menu which appears, select the ellipsis (...).
- Select Add Label from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your label and press ENTER. Use the colon (:) to add emojis.
To delete a label, click the ellipsis and select Delete Label or simply delete the text in your label manually.
Ask your question in the Meister Community!