Only Business Team Administrators can create user groups
Organize your team into user groups to quickly share mind maps with specific departments, squads or sub-teams within your organization.
In this Article:
- What are User Groups?
- Tutorial Video: Create User Groups
- Create a User Group
- Share a Mind Map With a User Group
What are User Groups?
Creating user groups allows you to quickly share mind maps with a specific group of users within your team.
User groups are particularly useful for larger teams, as it allows them to:
- Quickly share or un-share mind maps with multiple team members at once.
- Streamline the onboarding process. When new employees join your team they can be added to a specific user group, granting them immediate access to all mind maps shared with this group.
Create user groups for different departments, regional offices, leadership groups or sub-teams within your organization.
Tutorial Video: Create User Groups
Take a look at the short tutorial video below to learn how to create and manage user groups in MindMeister, then read on for more details.
Create a User Group
Business team administrators can create a user group from the My Team section of the accounts page. To access this page and create a group:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner of the MeisterTask interface.
- Select Account to access the accounts page.
- Click My Team on the left side of the accounts page.
- Click + Add Group.
- Enter a name for your new group and click Add.
You can add users to your new group by clicking and dragging their username into one of your groups:
Share a Mind Map With a User Group
Inviting a user group to a mind map works just like inviting a single user:
- Click Invite in the top-right corner of the map editor
- Enter the name of a user group in your team or select it from the suggestions listed.
- Click Invite. The entire user group now has access to your mind map.
Learn more about managing a MindMeister Team:
- Manage Your Team Members
- Invite Team Members via CSV Import
- Adjust Team Security Settings
- Add Additional Users to Your Team