This article only applies to users of the old version of MindMeister
If you began using MindMeister before November 17th, 2021, you may still be using the older, outdated version of MindMeister. Keep reading to learn how to switch to the new editor and take your mind mapping to the next level.
In this Article:
- Which Version am I Currently Using?
- Try the New Editor
- Set Your Preferences to Always Open the New Editor
Which Version am I Currently Using?
The old and new versions of MindMeister are very distinct:
If you're already using the new version of MindMeister, congratulations! Stop reading and start mapping.
Try the New Editor
MindMeister users who created their account before November 17th, 2021 will have the option to open maps in both the old and new editor. To do this:
- Click the blue plus (+) on the MindMeister dashboard.
- Select your desired map editor from the dropdown menu.
Set Your Preferences to Open the New Editor by Default
You can set the new editor to your default editor under preferences. To do this:
- Click your user avatar in the top-right corner of MeisterTask.
- Select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Check the box labeled "Always use the new map editor."
If you use the new editor to make changes to a map created in the old editor, that old map will be "converted" into the new editor. To switch back to the old editor, you'll need to reach out to MindMeister support (see below).