This feature is available to all users
If you have a large number of mind maps, you might find it helpful to organize them into folders. Drag and drop your mind maps into folders to organize your dashboard and more easily navigate your maps.
In this Article:
Create a New Folder
You can create a new folder from the MindMeister dashboard:
- Open the dashboard.
- Click the large blue plus (+) icon.
- Select New folder from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for your folder and press ENTER.
Your new folder will appear on the MindMeister dashboard above your list of mind maps.
The folders you create to organize your mind maps are completely personal and will not affect how your teammates or collaborators see their maps.
Move Mind Maps into Folders
You can move mind maps into folders via drag and drop on the MindMeister dashboard. Hold CMD/CTRL to select multiple maps.
You can also move mind maps individually via the more options (...) menu:
- Hover your mouse over a mind map on your dashboard.
- Click the more options (...) button which appears.
- Select Move from the drop-down menu.
- Select your desired folder from the options listed.
Navigating Your Folders
If you've created a folder structure in MindMeister (i.e. folders within folders), be sure to keep an eye on your dashboard header. Here, you can see which folder you're currently viewing and navigate between levels:
Still having trouble?
Contact MindMeister Support for help!