At MindMeister, we've been busy perfecting our brand-new map editor: the sleekest and most modern mind mapping tool on the web.
If you've been granted access to the new editor and need help with the transition, the following frequently asked questions can help:
In this Article:
- What's different in the new editor?
- Have any keyboard inputs or shortcuts been changed in the new editor?
- How do I enable the new editor for my account?
- Where can I find mind map templates for the new editor?
- Can I open my old maps in the new editor?
- Where can I submit feature requests for the new editor?
- Where can I send feedback about the new editor?
Video: What's different in the new editor?
The all-new MindMeister editor features a streamlined user experience and modern design. Take a look at this quick tutorial video to learn more about some key features and upgrades to the platform:
Key Features and Upgrades:
- Enjoy a modern, streamlined design to promote clarity, focus and creativity.
- Right-click on any topic to open the styling toolbar.
- Use the all-new theme library to create beautiful maps quickly.
- Turn your ideas into actionable tasks using the improved Integration with MeisterTask.
- Save time and stay focused with 40 brand-new map templates.
- Open the all-new Outline Mode to quickly convert bulleted lists into beautiful mind maps.
Have any Keyboard Inputs or Shortcuts Been Changed in the New Editor?
No - all keyboard inputs remain the same in the new editor. The ENTER and TAB keys remain your most important shortcuts for creating new topics.
The most significant change to the new editor is the the styling toolbar. The styling toolbar replaces the right sidebar in the legacy editor. It can be used to stylize your map and perform advanced actions.
To open the styling toolbar, right-click on any topic or use the vertical toolbar on the ride-hand side of the editor:
The styling toolbar contains five separate tabs:
- Actions: Use this tab to Add connections, comment, add notes, upload images, add attachments, and assign tasks in MeisterTask.
- Style: From here, you can change a topic's appearance.
- Icons: Add an icon or emoji to a topic.
- Layout: Click this icon to change the selected topic's layout.
- More Options (...): Cut, copy or edit your map topic.
Looking for more? Click here to explore the new map editor in detail.
How do I enable the new editor for my account?
Our team is currently in the process of rolling out the new editor to all users. If you've received an e-mail notification that your account has been transitioned, you'll open the new editor automatically.
Where can I find mind map templates for the new editor?
The all-new MindMeister comes with a full catalogue of over 40 different templates: browse the Template Library to create beautiful mind maps fast.
Choose from templates in the following categories:
- Business and Management
- Project Management
- Brainstorming and Ideation
- Strategy and Planning
Can I open my old maps in the new editor?
Yes! Your MindMeister dashboard remains unchanged - open any mind map created with the legacy editor to immediately transfer it to the new editor.
Where can I send a feature request for the new editor?
Presentation Mode and Custom Themes, the top 2 most upvoted feature requests for the new editor, are currently in development and scheduled for release in Q4 2022.
To access the Feature Board:
- Click the question mark in the bottom-right corner of the MindMeister interface.
- Click Feature request from the pop-up menu.
You can also access the feature board directly via this link!
Upcoming MindMeister Features
The top 2 most upvoted feature requests for the new editor, Presentation Mode and Custom Themes, are currently in development and scheduled for release in Q4 2022.
Where can I send feedback about the new editor?
If you have any feedback or suggestions for the new editor, please reach out to us directly using our contact form here. Use the subject line "New Editor Feedback" and we'll forward your ideas directly to the MindMeister team.