This article will help you to explore the map editor in MindMeister. It includes the following:
- UI (user interface) elements in the map editor
- Context menu elements
We recently updated the MindMeister UI. Some features are still under development and will be added to this article as and when they are ready.
This article relates to a new, beta version of MindMeister. If you're not using it yet, you'll need this article for support on this topic.
How to Navigate the Map Editor
- Back. Returns you to the MindMeister map listing.
- Quick Switcher. Allows you to search for and navigate to different maps in your library.
- (i). Opens the map information menu, which allows you to:
- Invite others to view/edit your map by email or share link.
- Change the theme of your map.
- Export your map. Please note that certain new style features cannot be exported as images or PDFs.
- More, including: manage map members, manage add ons, duplicate your map, move your map to a new location, or trash your map.
- Add new topic. Adds a new topic in the hierarchy level below the currently-selected topic (automatically adds a first-level topic from the central topic if no other topic is selected).
- Search. Locates entered search terms within the text (topics, comments and notes) of your mind map.
- Undo. Erases the last change you made to your mind map.
- Redo. Reverses the action erased by the previous “undo.”
- Invite. Allows you to invite users to your map via email.
- Outline mode. Allows you to switch between your mind map and outline mode. Read more.
- Zoom. Allows you to zoom in or out from your current mind map view.
- Feedback. Allows you to leave feedback on the current beta version of MindMeister.
Context Menu Bar
Allows you to perform quick actions to the selected topic, including:
- Change font, shape and line style (read more).
- Add an image or icon (read more).
- Leave a comment (read more).
- Assign the topic as a task in MeisterTask (read more).
- Open the context menu.
Context Menu Panels
- Shows options for changing font, shape and line style (read more).
Allows you to perform more complex actions on the selected topic, including:
- Add an image (read more).
- Add a comment (read more).
- Add a note (notes can be opened by clicking on the icon on the map topic).
- Add Attachments (read more).
- Assign as a task (read more).
- Cut or Copy the selected map topic(s) or branch(es).
- Paste map topic(s) or branch(es) from the clipboard.
- Delete the selected topic(s).
- Edit the text inside the map topic.
- Attach/detach the map topic (connects either to the parent topic it was previously connected to, or the central topic if it was created as “floating”)
- Aligns the topic automatically according to the map layout or in a customizable location.
- Defines whether first-level, second-level, or all child topics should be shown (calculated from the selected topic).
- Generates a link to the topic that is copied automatically to the clipboard.
If you’re still having trouble…
- Contact MindMeister Support for help.